Your computer holds a lot of your data. Follow these steps to keep that information secure.
- Turn on the firewall (typically in the security section of your system preferences or control panel). This helps to prevent hackers from accessing your passwords or private details, deleting information, or crashing your computer.
- Use antivirus software and antispyware technology. They detect and remove malicious software, and stop others from installing software onto your computer that allows them to see your activities.
- Update your operating system. The updates often include changes to improve your computer’s security.
- Don’t open or download what you don’t know. If you receive an email with an attachment from someone you don’t know , don’t open it. The attachment could lead to a virus or spyware.
- Turn it off. When you’re not using your computer, keep it off. That way, hackers have no way to access your computer.
Maki Insurance is located at 4215 W Anthem Way #113 in Anthem, AZ. Our phone is 623-551-3585.